Carving has become amongst the most popular longboarding nowadays. While carving is a famous technique in boarding, it’s also important to choose the carving longboard. When you’re looking for a new longboard, different options come to you.
Luckily, we did some good research and have found some best carving longboards. Here we discuss in detail these best longboards for carving. If you’re looking for a carving longboard review, then look no further! Let’s move our top carving longboard reviews and recommendations to 2022.
At A Glance Carving Longboards 2022
|Best Overall NOBONDO 41 Inch Longboard Skateboard||
|Premium Pick Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard||
|Most Stylish Nattork 42 inch Freeride Longboard||
|Best Cruiser Quest The Super Cruiser Longboard||
|Best Value Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard||
Top 5 Best Carving Longboard Reviews 2022
Let’s have a review on the five best longboards for carving in 2022.
1. NOBONDO 41 Inch Longboard Skateboard
NOBONDO 41 is a versatile board that comes with multiple riding styles. You can use this board for carving, cruising, downhill, freeride and freestyle. When it is about the best longboard for cruising and carving, we suggest this board as our top pick.
In the analysis of today’s carving longboard review, we must confess that NO BONDO has an inventory mindset to bring something new. They spent a lot of time investigating the different effects on the deck. Its 41 x 9.5-inch deck is designed with the versatile riding style in mind. This deck is made from heavy-duty 8 ply maple wood. It can weigh up to 350 lbs, what’s the power!
Moreover, the aluminium alloy trucks with shock absorption allows you to have more comfortable rides. The trucks are adjustable too, so it is easy to turn and has excellent manoeuvrability. Solid polyurethane wheels with ABEC-11 bearings fit for all kinds of road. This 70 mm 80 A PU wheels will ensure a smooth riding experience.
- 100% Canadian maple wood made deck.
- Adjustable 7-inch aluminium alloy trucks.
- Solid 70mm polyurethane wheels and ABEC-11 bearing.
- Suitable for carving, cruising, downhill and freeride.
- Stable on high speeds.
- Suitable for beginner to expert.
- Superb performance for the price.
- Packaging could be improved.
Verdict: In the analysis of today’s carving longboard review, we must confess that NO BONDO has brought something new. If you are searching for the best longboard for cruising and carving, then the NO BONDO 41 inch longboard skateboard will be the best pick.
2. Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard
If you have the budget for the best carving cruiser, then Tan Tien bamboo longboard is highly recommended for you. The Tan Tien Bamboo by Loaded Boards is one of the best premium longboards for carving.
First of all, it comes with a 39 by 8.75 inches drop-through design deck. This drop through deck is durable enough due to its material. It’s made from vertically laminated bamboo and fibreglass combination. When it comes to riding, this carve oriented longboard has advanced riding. It’s a performer for carving, commuting, freestyle, freeride, and alternative transportation.
The longboard has Paris 180mm 50° trucks to deliver a smooth turning response. What’s more, the 70mm orangatang wheels are perfect for all riding experience. Furthermore, this best carving cruiser has multiple flex ratings options. The lower flex is better for heavy riders whereas the higher flex is favoured for lighter riders.
- Drop-through design is a durable deck.
- Designed for carving, commuting, freestyle and freeride.
- Superb smooth Paris 180mm 50° trucks.
- High performance 70mm orangatang wheels.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Multiple flex options.
- Stable and smooth ride.
- Price is very high but the quality proves the price.
Verdict: If you are looking for the best longboard for carving, then Tan Tien Bamboo by Loaded Boards are a premium pick for you.
3. Nattork 42 inch Freeride Longboard
This is the most stylish longboard for carving, cruising and more. If you’re searching for an eye-catching board, then Nattork 42 inch is suitable for you. Apart from carving, it’s also great for cruising, freestyle, downhill etc.
Constructed with 8 ply maple wood, it has a 42-inch long by 9.2 inches wide deck. This maple deck is suitable for up to 220 pounds of weight. Most importantly, you can get a 100% maple deck for under 50$. What’s more, high rebound polyurethane wheels provide better balance. Where ABEC-11 bearings allow you to enjoy a smoother ride. Furthermore, heavy-duty aluminium trucks give you better control over different riding styles. One thing makes this longboard unique from others- its looks. Its aesthetic graphics design makes it more attractive to kids and teens.
- Designed for cruising, carving, freestyle, downhill.
- 100% maple made durable deck.
- Polyurethane wheels with ABEC-11 bearings.
- Suitable for up to 220 pounds of weight.
- Attractive design with affordable price.
- Suitable for kids and teens.
- Sturdy and flexible deck.
- Sometimes it produces noise.
Verdict: Network 42 inch is the most stylish carving longboard in our carving longboard review. It’s attractive, affordable as well as durable too.
4. Quest The Super Cruiser Longboard
If you’re looking for the best carving cruiser, then the Quest super cruiser will be your best choice. It’s a great option for both beginners and experienced riders.
Quest The Super Cruiser comes with multiple maple and bamboo made decks. The 44″ long and 9″ wide deck is suitable for riders of all ages. Where, the combined construction made this deck strong, flexible and light too. What’s more, this longboard has 7-inch reverse kingpin aluminium trucks, 70mm wheels and ABEC7 bearings. This truck has high manoeuvrability and wheels give easy acceleration.
- Multiple maple and bamboo made decks.
- 7-inch reverse kingpin aluminium trucks.
- 70mm wheels with ABEC-7 bearings.
- Carving cruiser for all skill riders
- Strong, durable and flexible.
- Sufficient foot space.
- Super stylish design.
- Large sizes are difficult for someone to handle.
Verdict: It is one of the best carving cruising longboards available in the market. Quest the super cruiser is a durable longboard with a supremely stylish design.
5. Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard
If you’re looking for a longboard with a high value of money, then the Icarus Bamboo Longboard is for you. Although it’s pricey, this bamboo longboard by Loaded Boards has excellent value and quality.
First of all, it has a 38.4 inches long by 8.6 inches wide drop-through deck. This deck is made from bamboo and fibreglass combined construction. When it comes to performance, this is a versatile longboarding machine. It’s for carving, commuting, freestyle, freeride and much more. Moreover, Paris 180mm 50° trucks deliver smooth turning responses for all-around riding. What’s more, the 75mm orangatang wheels work for a smooth riding experience.
- Durable drop-through design deck.
- Designed for carving, commuting, freestyle, and freeride.
- Paris 180mm 50° trucks for riding.
- High performance 75mm orangatang wheels.
- Exclusive longboard for carving.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Multiple flex options.
- Quite expensive. But, the price is worthy according to its quality.
Verdict: If you are looking for the best longboard for carving, then Icarus Bamboo Longboarding is the exclusive option for you.
Why carve on a longboard?
Any new longboarder can be confused with the carving word. It means you’re riding on a longboard where you can take turns. So, you need the best quality carving longboard to comfortably do it. Plus, deck design such as group through can help you to carve on a longboard.
Benefits Of Carving Longboards
- Control: Carving longboards allow the rider to control their speed and direction. Other types of longboards don’t allow much as well.
- Excitement: Nobody wants to roll their longboard the same again and again. Carving on a longboard maximizes the rider’s thrill in the most possible way.
- Health Benefit: Carving has health and mental benefits for the rider. It burns calories, reduces fat, and reduces stress and anxiety. As a result, you get obvious sound sleep comes as a by-product.
Types of Carving Longboards
Top-Mount: Top mount is the traditional design that gives the board a higher centre of gravity. The rider expends more energy for balancing and pushing forward. They turn sharp and easily avoid unwanted impediments.
Drop Through: The tops of the trucks are mounted through the longboard with this design. Drop Through provides better balance and requires a lower amount of power to push. It’s very useful for carving, cruising, and downhill riding.
Drop Deck : Dop deck has trucks mounted on the top of the board. As expected, this lower centre of gravity is good for cruising. Anyway, the speed and manoeuvrability may be offset by these designs.
Carving Longboard Buying Guide
Carving Longboard Price
Longboard’s price depends on various factors, such as brand value, deck materials and upgrades. Beginner’s don’t have a better balance so they can buy a lower price board with a better balance. You can get the best longboards at under the price of $100. Once, you become an expert at carving on a longboard, then spent higher prices such as $150 to $250.
Carving Longboard Deck Features
What should you look around for in a carving deck? You need return energy from the deck and response from your moves. That is, as you put your feet into the deck and try to make a tight turn, you expect better impulse.
- Size and Mount Style: Too large or small decks don’t provide proper carving. A mid-sized deck (32-42 inches) works well for effective carving. There are other things to consider apart from the deck size. The Mounting style of the carving longboards is one of the important parts of them. The top mount deck gives a higher centre of gravity, and drop through gives better balance. These are useful for carving, cruising, and downhill riding.
- Deck Flex and Camber: The best longboards for carving are built with superior flex characteristic material. Some riders prefer less flex when learning. On the other hand, a small amount of flex is great for low-speed carving. Another thing, the cambered platform influences the responsiveness of the board for carving. It means the deck is raised slightly in the middle vs mount points. As a result, you get rebound impulse in turns and more acceleration when carving.
- Wheel Clearance for Tight Turns: The carving longboards have the board’s manoeuvrability and carving ability. They are designed for deep carves with large wheel cutouts. An important feature of carving a longboard is wheel cutout. Cutout shapes are important because they give the wheels sufficient space for tight turning.
- Kick Tails: The kicks will allow you to do quick turns and small jumps. But results in a shorter wheelbase that reduces a board’s carving ability and stability. However, some riders like leveraging the kicks when carving. So, ultimately it depends on personal preferences.
Carving Longboard Trucks
Reverse kingpin (RKP) trucks are the most popular carving longboard trucks. These are well in carving flow as well as responsiveness in deep turns. The most common type is the 50º baseplate angle. It gives you a good balance, turning ability and stability.
- Carving With Surfskate Trucks: Surfskate trucks are effective trucks for deep and tight turn carving. If you go there, be sure to select the surface truck such as the Swelltech.
- Regular RKP Trucks Great For Carving: Many carving longboards come with Paris V2 50º angel trucks. These trucks are high quality and versatile, providing you with an excellent carving experience. You simply have to use it on a deck with the proper shape, flex, and wheels.
- Carving Trucks Vs Carving Deck: When selecting the trucks for your carving board, you have to take into consideration your deck. If you look for a deep carving truck (surfskate truck, etc) then you go for the slightly stiffer deck. Instead, if you prefer an RKP truck, a deck with more flex provides the response and energy for effective deep carves.
Longboard Wheels For Carving
Wheels are important features for a good carving. So when you look at the hardness of your longboard wheels, you’re facing between speed and grip. Usually, softer wheels have better traction for deep carves. Where hard wheels roll longer and faster but tend to skid in tight turns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What type of longboard is best for carving?
Answer: Drop-through boards are the most popular type of longboard for carving. It’s great for carving due to its lower centre of gravity design. It provides easier turning in the sliding position and maintains stability.
Question: What is the difference between cruising and carving on a longboard?
Answer: As its name suggests, cruising means you’re riding the longboard simply pushing it with no tricks. On the other hand, carving is when you’re riding the longboard by creating a wave-like motion.
Question: Is carving on a longboard easy?
Answer: Carving on a longboard is easy, but it needs some practice. It’s both technical and artistic, feeling of freedom, motion and pleasure.
In sum, we have discussed some of the best longboards for carving. Hope our best carving longboard review helps you to pick the perfect one. We have provided all the information so that you can make your buying decision.
Carving is one of the most popular longboarding riding styles. Let’s start this exciting experience with the best carving longboard.