Longboarding is one of the loved recreational activities of people of all ages and many more are getting hooked with it every day as it is easy to learn. It is an exciting and fun activity. And whether you are commuting or downhill racing, you need to choose the best longboard for yourself to ensure that you can enjoy this activity the best way possible.
Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser is one of the best longboards available on the market. Playshion is quite a popular longboard and skateboard company known for producing a variety of boards, kick scooters, and other related accessories.
Today we will be talking about one of the best drop-through longboards by Playshion. You can use this longboard for a variety of riding styles. This is a popular choice among people who like a freestyle board. It is also considered as one of the best longboard for kids and beginners. This is a longboard that could surpass your expectations.
Read our playshion longboard review to find out why this could be a great choice for you and what are the things you should consider before buying this longboard.
Features of Playshion Freeride Freestyle Drop Through Longboard Skateboard
Drop through longboards are quite popular among the longboarding community because of how much the deck has to offer to the rider. And if a deck is shaped in a drop through style and also has other amazing specifications, this is what every rider would want. And Playshion offers you just that. The Playshion drop through freestyle longboard’s deck is 39 inches in length. And with 9.1 inches width, this board provides enough space for your feet to fit comfortably.
This longboard is made from 8 ply flex hardwood maple. The deck is not only flat and symmetrical in design, but also in the middle, there is a slight concave. This helps in securing your feet to the board and it also facilitates turning. These features of this deck allow it to combine sturdiness and flex to provide you with the perfect ride. This board is good enough to support riders up to 250 lbs of weight.
This is a superb longboard for kids and beginners. Its drop through feature lowers the center of gravity of the longboard and helps the rider to have an extremely stable ride as the rider carve out those hard turns. As it is lower to the ground, it is easy to push as well as easy to brake. Another impressive thing about this longboard is the 4-inch ground clearance provided by its drop-through mounting technology. And to add more to your comfort, this board is around 7 pounds meaning it will be easy to carry it around.
In our playshion longboard 39 review, the second thing we are going to discuss about this longboard is its wheels. As a rider, you should love its soft and hard 70x50mm SHR 78A Polyurethane Wheels. These wheels are durable enough for steady steering yet soft enough to have a smooth ride. The 70mm wheels will give you a stable and nice ride. With its 50mm width, the wheels are wide enough to provide the rider with more control. These wheels can handle different kinds of road and they also pick up plenty of speed on the way. Therefore, these wheels are great for a fast and stable longboard ride.
The Playshion 39 inch drop through longboard features lightweight yet solid aluminum trucks. These 7 inch reverse kingpin trucks equipped with soft bushing gives the rider a comfortable longboarding experience. Combination of the aluminum powder coated trucks and great wheels can give the rider a nice smooth ride. The Playshion 39 inch drop through longboard’s bushings are also of high quality and they are cast from polyurethane.
For a better experience, you can always adjust the kingpin and trucks. Loose trucks are better suited for turns while tighter trucks will provide better stability at high speed.
The Abec-9 Bearings of this skateboard are made of “bearing steel”. These bearings are much harder yet they are quieter when you are riding. In addition to that, nylon ball cages reduce friction during the rotation of the bearings.
The color selections of this longboard are pretty great. While this longboard comes with so many exciting features, the design availability of this longboard is not something to be overlooked. This longboard comes with a variety of colors and designs. Coconut tree, blue tear, and black are some of them. With great features, you can also choose a longboard with an artwork of your choice to suit your style.
To go over the main points of our Playshion Freeride Freestyle Drop Through Longboard Skateboard Review, let’s look at its pros and cons.
- The combination of a slight concave deck and Drop through mounting technology adds more stability on the board.
- Good enough for most riders as the weight limit is up to 250 lbs
- Multifunctional and versatile
- Comes with robust aluminum reverse kingpin trucks
- The adjustable trucks offer flexibility and versatility in speed
- Features big and soft wheels that provide a seamless, quiet and convenient ride
- The Abec-9 Bearings are tougher and quieter when they are working, and nylon ball cages to reduce the friction
- Easy to maneuver
- Lightweight, so you can easily carry it around
- Available in different good-looking colors
- This longboard is not suited for pulling tricks
Things to consider while buying a longboard
Price and Skill Level
You should always consider how much you are willing to pay for a longboard. And if you are new to longboarding, you shouldn’t start with an expensive longboard.
Your skill level also plays an important role while choosing a longboard. You should choose a longboard depending on your skills. And as mentioned earlier in our playshion freeride freestyle drop through longboard skateboard review, this longboard is great for beginners.
Longboard’s deck style determines how stable the longboard would be. While buying a longboard, it is arguably the main thing to focus on. A good deck style also helps to easily push or brake the board. If you are a beginner, you should look for a board that’s deck is closer to the ground and will allow you to push and brake easily and comfortably. This will add more stability to the board. However, if you want to quickly carve effortlessly and make tight turns, you can also consider choosing a higher board.
- 39" x 9.1“ drop through longboard for beginner
- Strong but Flexible Eight Ply Maple Deck make longboard can Hold Up to 250 LBS weight
Durability and performance of a longboard greatly depend on the materials used to make it. While looking for a longboard, look for a board that’s deck, trucks, bearings are made of high-quality materials.
Not every longboard comes in the same shape. Different shaped longboards are suitable for different types of riding. So, consider your riding style and choose the shape most suitable for you.
Longboarding like every other board sport has different rider styles. It is important for you to determine what kind of rider are you because different kinds of riding styles require different kinds of longboard.
- Is Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser good?
– Yes, this is a pretty good drop through longboard at this price. It is made of high-quality materials and has great features. This longboard might even exceed your expectations.
- Is this longboard good for beginners?
– Yes, this longboard is great for beginners and kids. But if you are a pro and looking to do some tricks with your board then this might not be the best choice for you because this board is not suitable for pulling off tricks.
- Can you carve on it?
– Yes, this Playshion longboard is good for carving and cruising. Because it comes with large 7″ aluminum trucks, large 70mm PU wheels and rubber riser pad. And no wheel bite problems. Enjoy longboarding with this longboard.
- Is it completely flat or is there concave?
– It has a slight concave. This will secure your feet to the board and facilitates turning. It’s a pretty normal amount, not too much and not absolutely flat either.
Longboarding is a fun activity that many people love. Our Playshion longboard review dictates that the Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser is one of the best longboards. This is a versatile and multifunctional longboard and it works for various riding styles such as cruising, downhill riding, curving, sliding and freeride.
With all these features and high quality materials of this board, this longboard is great for pretty much any riding styles except for pulling tricks. We hope you have enjoyed our Playshion longboard review and this will help you to make your decision.