Hard-working, failure and success stories inspire skateboarders to fulfil their passion. No matter what you like, there is always a book that boosts you into a better version of yourself.
Today, we’ll make a list of the top ten best skateboarding books in 2022. In this article, we’ll discuss them so that you can make your reading decision on your own.
Top 10 Best Skateboarding Books In 2022:
- Skate the World: Photographing One World of Skateboarding
- Hosoi: My Life as a Skateboarder Junkie Inmate Pastor
- Locals Only: California Skateboarding 1975-1978
- The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself
- DogTown: The Legend of the Z-Boys
- Hawk: Occupation: Skateboarder
- A Secret History of the Ollie
- Dreamseller: An Addiction Memoir
- Disposable: A History of Skateboard Art
- The Disposable Skateboard Bible
Jonathan Mehring is one of the most influential photographers of skate. He captures the spirit of skateboarding all over the world. Skate the World is a book of skateboarding authored by Jonathan Mehring.
This book contains 200 exciting photographs from six continents around the world. It presents a spirited look at skate culture by capturing on camera. The book motivates young skaters to overcome all obstacles on the board.
- Exciting photographs from around the world.
- Each photo carries the hard work of skateboarders.
- Inspire a new generation to overcome obstacles.
- Suggested book for anyone new in skateboarding.
Whether it is a challenge to face the problems, we all need the inspiration to keep on. Skate the World like a book on skateboarding helps you to become better in the process.
Jonathan Mehring was considered as one of the greatest skaters of all time. His huge fame brought a life of drugs and damage to his career. He was condemned for trafficking drugs and ultimately went to jail.
Hosoi had a realization in Jail with the help of his wife Jennifer. Finally, he chose the path of comeback from the power of faith.
Hosoi: My Life as a Skateboarder Junkie Inmate Pastor,” tells the rise, fall and recovery of this successful skaters story. He honestly says everything about his rise, fall and return. You’ll know an incredible life story of the greatest skaters by reading this book.
- Powerful and motivating story of the greatest skaters.
- Rise, fall and return of the Christian Hosoi.
- Suggested book for inspiring return story.
There’s no better example of loss to success than the Christian Hosoi. Reading the book, you’ll know the rise, fall and return of one the greatest skaters of all time.
Locals Only: California Skateboarding is a collection of photographs captured by Hugh Holland. His photographs portray the skate culture of the streets in the late 1970s. All of this picture can tell more than a thousand words.
The book contains photographs of young skateboarding in the streets of California. Each of the photographs tells a story of the passionate people about small sports. It shows where skateboarding was carried and the people passionate for it. This is about who gave modern skateboarding.
- Photographs of skateboarding in streets.
- People gave rise to modern skateboarding.
- All about the roots of skateboarding.
- Suggested book for those interested in the roots of skateboarding.
Locals Only is a must-read book for those interested in the roots of skateboarding.
The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself” is a biography book of Rodney Mullen. He surprised the world by his innovative skateboarding style at a very young age. He invented many fundamental skateboarding tricks.
But, his family disapproved of him. Family abuse makes his struggling more difficult. After many years, he freed himself from his family and returned to skateboarding.
Presently, he is fulfilling his passion to the fullest and becoming more popular than ever before. In this book, the godfather of freestyle skateboarding says his rise, fall and returns story.
- Inside into a pioneer person in skateboard history.
- Starting, rising, falling and returning to skateboarding.
- Suggested book for inspiring passion story.
Rodney Mullen is one of the most famous skaters of all time. His story inspires that anyone should follow their passion whether it approves or not.
Z-Boys are widely known as one of the earliest skateboarders. They came to the rescue when skateboarding was losing popularity. They implement their abilities as skateboarding to put the sport back into the mainstream. It’s a story about how some passionate kids saved skateboarding from fall. The book blends their remarkable influence on the history of skateboarding.
DogTown: The Legend of the Z-Boys is a case study of how skateboarding was restored to the streets. It’s considered as one of the best skateboard books of all time.
- Revival history of skateboarding.
- Influence of Z-Boys on the sport.
- Historical moments and pictures of skateboards.
- Suggested book for the history of skateboarding.
Anyone who has an interest in skateboarding should know about this history. DogTown: The Legend of the Z-Boys contains the best articles and powerful photographs taken in the back era. This is a must-read book for anyone who thinks themselves a skateboarder.
Hawk: Occupation: Skateboarder is an autobiography written by famous skateboarder Tony Hawk. He invented eighty tricks and won professional contests more than anyone else.
This autobiography tells about the life of Tony Hawk. In this book, Tony says how he succeeded to be the most famous skateboarder of all time. His story contains hard work, pain and odd encounters that no one would expect. By reading this, you’ll know about the struggle story of Tony Hawk.
- Tony Hawk’s story into the world of skateboarding.
- How Tony Hawk became one of the famous skateboarders.
- Suggested book about the life of a successful skateboarder.
In this book, Tony Hawk talks about his hard work to obtain the honour of heroes. If you have any interest in skateboarding then the book is a must-read for you.
This is one of the most important books in the history of the skateboard written by skateboard historian Craig B. Snyder. Secret History of the Ollie focuses on the 1970s decade that changed skateboarding ever.
Ollie is one of the most significant tricks in skateboard history. Nearly every modern skateboarding trick is based on a single move. Craig B. Snyder discusses the history, popularity and cultural influence of this important move.
“A Secret History of the Ollie” includes over 1200 photographs that make revolution in skateboarding. Regarded as “the bible,” this award-winning book illustrates the skate culture very well.
- Impact of Ollie in skate sports.
- Birth of modern skateboarding.
- 1200 photographs of the 1970s decade.
- Suggested book for pictorial history of skateboarding.
Ollie trick changed skateboarding to a childlike hobby to the world of competitive sports. You can read A Secret History of the Ollie to know about the history of skateboarding.
The life of a celebrity isn’t easy with fame and realize the reality of life. Celebrity skateboarder Brandon Novak has gone wrong and back in right. He does a writing regard by explaining the bitter truth behind the celebrity life through his own story.
Dreamseller: An Addiction Memoir tells the truth behind the rise to fame and the good and bad that brought with it. In this book, Brandon Novak puts an exclusive look behind all the beauty. He tells all about the negative impacts that are related with fame. The book tells a story of fame, depression, drugs, friendship and recovery of life.
- Bitter truth behind the celebrity life.
- Inspiration struggling with addiction problems.
- Story of fame, drugs, and recovery of life.
- Suggested book for anyone given up on life and hope to recover.
Brandon’s life story is a motivation for anyone struggling with addiction types problems. You’ll have a realisation how success can climb and conquer a man’s life.
“Disposable: A History of Skateboard Art” is a documentation of skate culture collected into a single book. It is a photographic collection of thousands of skateboard graphics. Sean Cliver collects the photographs of skateboard graphics and publishes them into a book.
The book shows the growth of skateboarding culture as a shape of art. It contains many prominent portraits of skateboard artists such as Tony Hawk, Barry McGee, Andy Howell etc. You’ll know about the evolution of skateboarding and cultural impact.
- Stories of famous skateboarders artists.
- Growth and evolution of skateboard art.
- 1000 photographs of skateboard graphics.
- Suggested book for those interested in skateboard art.
Skateboard art was influenced by the sense of aesthetics and changed over the years. This book shows the evolution of skateboard art and its impact.
After the release of Disposable – A History of Skateboard Art in 2004, writer Sean Cliver attempted to catalogue every single skateboard deck released. This is the book where he represents his passion for the artistic story of skateboarding.
The Disposable Skateboard Bible will inform normal skateboarders on the art and culture of skateboarding. It tells the influence of skateboarding on many cultures.
- Artistic aspect of the world of skateboarding.
- Excellent for new skateboarders to connect with the art.
- Suggested book for skateboarders to learn about skate culture.
You have deep knowledge of the artistic side of skateboarding after reading this book.
Skateboarding books help you to know all the fundamental things. Reading is necessary because it develops your thoughts, gives you endless lessons and knowledge. No matter what you like, the best book boosts you into a better version of yourself.